Friday, February 13, 2009

valentine's treat: amélie

another favorite film of mine, i thought it'd be a nice way to cover valentine's day weekend: the brilliant french romantic comedy amélie.

audrey tautou plays the star character, a young woman who one day decides to dedicate her life to helping others in her own quirky and unusual ways. this in turn makes some considerable changes in her life! are they good, or bad? watch this movie and find out!!

there's nothing supernatural to the film, but amélie's world contains a lot of unexplained events and outlandish magic all the same. i love how literal some of the film's jokes get, like in this scene where young amélie sees a cloud that "kind of looks like a bunny".

audrey tautou has such a beautiful and unique image to herself! i am collecting photographs of her to make into seperate posts here in the very near future, so definitely stick around and keep your eyes peeled.

i love this beautiful film, and i wish a lovely valentine's day to all.

6 comments:

Kali Fontecchio said...

I never saw this- but everone always mentioned it in college aka the past.

Nico said...

kurdt:
hahaha! can you believe how lazy some people can be?

kali:
i own it on dvd! let's watch it together sometime, mon amour.

Jessica said...

One of my all time favorites. If only I could be French and quirky!

Molly said...

Oh she makes my heart melt.

Benjamin Anders said...

I think this is one of my favorite films. I love the poster for it too! She's so stunning, a true beauty. None of that filler or botox.

Lovely!

Katie said...

I loved this movie! She's so pretty. She friend Molly reminds me of Audrey Tautou a little bit!